Few days ago, Nothing released its latest update for its Phone (1) which is Nothing OS 2.0.4, it brought several improvements than before. Let’s talk about the performance, features, and fixes that this new update brings to the table.
Nothing Phone (1) Performance after Nothing OS 2.0.4 Update
We did Geekbench tests on our Nothing Phone (1) where we found something interesting. The Phone (1) got scores of 1036 for single-core and 2956 for multi-core. These scores were slightly lower than those of its previous version.
After this, we also did a CPU throttling test so one of the major highlights of this update is its improved CPU management. An intensive CPU throttling test was conducted, pushing the CPU to its limits. Then we got amazing results where the latest update showed a marked improvement. While the previous build showed the CPU throttling to 68% of its max performance, the new OS 2.0.4 version throttled to 78%, suggesting better heat and performance management. This indicates that the device can handle longer periods of high-performance tasks without significant drops in performance.
- The home screen sports a refined clock design with subtle blinking dots, adding a modern touch.
- Widget enthusiasts have a reason to rejoice. The update brings in three novel widgets. Two dedicated to photos allow for both square and circular display, perfect for both the home and lock screens. The addition of a compass widget can be a handy tool for many.
- Enhancements in the app drawer now let users hide specific apps with ease.
- Accuracy takes the front seat with the lock screen’s charging tooltip now reflecting the true charging speed.
- A glitch that led to lock screen widgets acting up after a device restart has been addressed.
- The dual WhatsApp feature is now seamlessly integrated with the app locker, which provides improved app security.
At last we can say that the Nothing OS 2.0.4 update for Phone (1) is more than just an OS update. The company is providing an update to improve the device’s performance. From CPU improvements to new widgets, this update is good for installation. So if you haven’t installed the update yet you are good to go.